I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Saturday 14 December 2013

Recipe: Cherry Quickie

... and so my late dash to up my volume of brews for the year continues. This is one i haven't tried before, Cherry Quickie. I have made a cherry wine kit (Youngs) and found it pleasant easy drinking. And i've made wines with cherries as part of a mix of various fruits, and that was delicious. So it's time to try a cherry quickie.

Recipe, 3 Gallons:

3 Litres Red Grape Juice (Rio D'Oro)
3 Litres Cherry Juice Drink (Cherry Good)
2 Kg Sugar
3 Teaspoons Citric Acid
2 Teaspoons Pectolase
2 Teaspoons yeast Nutrient (Tronozymol)
Yeast (GV1, lees from previous brew, passion fruit quickie)

OG

Method:

Just like every other quickie wine. Have a rummage about on my index page (click > "my brew list") and find a quickie wine from the list for details).

Discussion:

I chose citric acid cos i'm low on tartaric acid. Citric acid should work well tho, it's a safe bet. It may add a bit of lemon flavour but that's not a bad thing.

This Cherry Good juice also has some elderberry concentrate in it. i had a mouthful to see how strong that flavour was, and barely noticed it. My experience of elderberries (as a small proportion of fruits) in red wine brews is positive. So i think this will only improve the wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting